Monday, February 4, 2008

Portrait photography - Indian laundry men

These portraits were taken at one of the laundry shops in Dhoby Ghaut in Penang. In Penang's hokkien, we called Dhoby Ghaut as se po kio. These Indians are real Indian from India. Initially, I thought they are Malaysian Indian and started to speak Malay with them but they did not understand a word of what I am saying. Later, I found it out from their supervisor who is a Malaysian Indian.


DSC_9077 bw

DSC_9051 bw

DSC_9055 bw

DSC_9067

DSC_9065 bw

DSC_9039 bw

2 comments:

TY February 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

hey...nice set of documentary, i tot is taken in India. :)

tango February 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

Hi TY,

Glad to know that you visited my site.

Thanks for the comment.

Someone commented that the photos got too much of 'black' and I think so too. Haha...

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP