Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vacation in Turkey and Santorini island - My itinerary

I guess it is time to come out with a plan for my upcoming trip to Turkey. Thus, I have bought a travel guidebook on Turkey and have done some researches on the places of interest and the routes which I should take. On this trip, I also would like to take the opportunity to visit Santorini island in Greece.

Below is the itinerary for this trip.

4th-Apr
I will be leaving Penang on 9.45pm flight to KLIA.
The connecting flight to Istanbul from KLIA is scheduled at 11.59pm.
Bon Voyage!!!

5th-Apr
I expect to arrive at Ataturk international airport in Istanbul at the early morning.
Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey.
All the while, I thought Istanbul is not the capital of Turkey. As a matter of fact, it is not. The capital of Turkey is Ankara.
What a shame!

Where do I want to stay in Istanbul? That's a very good question as of now. Probably somewhere around Sultanahmet area.

6th, 7th, 8th-Apr
I will exploring around Istanbul.

Places of interest:-
Topkapi Palace
Ayasofya (Hagia Sophia)
Blue Mosque
Byzantine Hippodrome
Taksim Square
Dolmabahce Palace
Grand Bazaar

9th-Apr
I will be taking the first flight out to Kayseri.
The main purpose of coming here is to visit Cappadocia.
I will base myself at Goreme. Goreme is about 90km away from Kayseri.

10th-Apr
Tour around Cappadocia.
Cappadocia is famous of its volcanic landscape, cave hotels and underground cities.

11th-Apr
I plan to take the first flight out of Kayseri to Izmir.
From Izmir, I will take either bus or train to Pamukkale (Cotton castle).

12th-Apr
Morning: tour around Pamukkale (Cotton castle)
Afternoon: Take train or flight back to Istanbul from Denizli

13th-Apr
Arrive at Istanbul at the early morning.
My main plan for today is going to Athens and then proceed to Santorini.
I will catch a flight to Athens.
There are 2 options for me to go to Santorini from Athens - Flight or Ferry.

14th, 15th, 16th-Apr
I will stay on Santorini island for 3 nights.

17th-Apr
Going back to Athens and then fly back to Istanbul.

18th-Apr
A day before I leave Istanbul.
So, to be on a safer side, I better stay in Istanbul tonight.
Probably I will take the Bosphorus cruise.

19th-Apr
My return flight to Malaysia is scheduled at 12.10pm from Istanbul.
I will be reaching KLIA on 20th-Apr.
If you have any tips on the accomodation, travel routes, transportation or anything which you think would be helpful to me during the trip, please kindly share with me.

4 comments:

hanyuen February 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Seems like you only stay in Athens for a very short time. If you like to take photo of ancient building.. you should spend more time in Athens.

tango February 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Hi Han Yuen,

How are you doing lately?

The whole intention of me going to Athens is to catch the next flight or ferry to Santorini island.

Thanks for your visit.

hanyuen February 11, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

I am doing fine.
Yeah, Santorini Island is very nice. blue sky/sea + white building. Heard that the sunsetview is nice as well.
Wish to go there for 2nd honeymoon :-)

Enjoy your trip and publish more photo.

tango February 12, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Hi hanyuen,

Someone claimed in the net that Santorini island has the most romantic sunset in the world! Not sure if this is true and I am going there to find out.
Sure. sure. I will take as many photos as I want when I am there and share with you.

Take care.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP