Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chinese New Year is almost here!

When I heard the clanking sound of the mould when my mom makes the kuih kapit (or love letter in English). The clanking sound reminds me that the Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Kuih Kapit is one of my favorite cookies which I only get to eat during the Chinese New Year. My other favorite cookies is the peanut cookies which my mom will only make for the Chinese New Year. As a kid, I used to help to my mom to fold the Kuih Kapit into fan shape and stack them into a Milo tin. Right now, I still do the same task most of the time but sometime, I get to take care of 5 or 6 moulds by a charcoal stove. The stove is just a temporary stove which my mom builds using sand, bricks and steel bars on the floor for making the Kuih Kapit. It is a hot and tedious job actually. But then, what is Chinese New Year without Kuih Kapit and peanut cookies!









2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 9, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

Hey, I miss cny and also kuih kapit. It is my 3rd year abroad for cny and i hope i don't miss cny again next year. By the way, you do look like your mum a lot. Like mother like son.

tango February 9, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

of course la... I do like my mother... I am not the one who burst out from the stone, ok!

Come back la next year! Then, come to my house. You can have free-flow of CNY cookies in my house.
Or
you send me there, then I bring along my mom's cookies for you. How about that?

Deal?

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP