Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally, I made up my mind...




Finally, I made up my mind to purchase the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II lense. The main factors which helped me to make my decision are the price of these lenses and the after-sale service of the manufacturers. First of all, the Tamron lense is about RM550 cheaper than the HSM version of Sigma 18-50mm lense. Wow! That's quite a lot of difference here. You can buy a new Nikon SB-600 flash with this amount of money. Secondly, there is no service center in Malaysia for the Sigma lenses. Who am I going to see when there is something wrong with the Sigma lense? Tamron has a service center in KL. Although, the auto-focusing of this Tamron lense is a bit noisy compared to the auto-focus of Nikon 18-70mm kit lense which I still own now but I can still live with the noise. The color of the photo which is captured using this lense is not as warm as I thought initially. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the performance of this lense. It is a lense which gives you value for money. Let me share with you a few photos which I took using this new toy.






0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP