Sunday, September 6, 2009

Door Knocker

Although it is just a little metal piece installed on the door, it plays an important role in the old days to allow the guests to knock on the door when they are paying a visit to their friends or relatives before the door bell was invented. This metal piece which caught my eyes is called 'door knocker'. It is one of the 'scenery' which fascinated me when I was in European countries. The door knocker comes in many different designs, shapes and sizes. To me, it adds glamor to an otherwise empty and blank door. I was tempted to buy a pair to install it on the door of my apartment but I did not. Next time maybe!


FAO_3004

FAO_3139

FAO_3152

FAO_3383

FAO_3487

DSC_1797

DSC_1873

DSC_1876

DSC_1965

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP